Virtual Puppy Pre-School!
If you have just brought home a new puppy or are considering getting a puppy, our puppy pre-school program will help set you and your new puppy up for success through education on common puppy problems and assisting with basic training.
During a puppy’s critical socialisation period (up to 16 weeks of age), it is important to establish routines and provide appropriate socialisation opportunities. The current restrictions have made it more difficult to provide traditional socialisation experiences, however there are still many ways to safely and effectively socialise your puppy during this time.
Our program consists of two 45-minute private puppy behaviour consultations which are run by a Delta qualified Dog Behavioural Trainer, using science-based positive, rewards based training methods. The consultations are run on Saturdays through the online platform Zoom.
Examples of what can be covered include the following…
- Appropriate socialisation - how to safely socialise your puppy
- Food enrichment
- How to read your puppy’s body language
- Preventing separation distress in puppies
- Training foundations
- Mouthing & chewing
- Toilet training
- Separation distress
- Teaching your puppy how to settle.
- Managing puppies & children.
- Managing multi-animal households.
- Training equipment - finding the correct harness or collar for your puppy.
- Teaching basics skills including as sit, drop, stay/wait, name recognition/ recall, loose lead walking, look, leave it, swap, go to mat etc.
Program cost: $150